Sunday, July 12, 2009

That last couple of days have been hard. Today after church I was horribly attacked and had some scary thoughts. Please pray for me. I do not want to be afraid. Fear has been something that has always gripped my neck, even since I was little. I was scared of people, scared of disasters, and scared of my own shadow I suppose. There is no place for fear in my life, no room, no energy left. The thoughts that came from behind and caught me unpreparedhaven't gone away quickly.

I instantly grabbed my bible. My thoughts were all over the place. Could it just be hormones, could it be a serious health problem, or... could it just be the depressing weather. Either way, I didn't feel safe so I started to read.

First God brought me to Psalm 56:8-13 (from Bob's sermon) I put the red in, that's where God spoke to me.

You have kept count of my tossings, put my tears in your bottle, Are they not in your book? Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call, This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? I must perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you. For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

I was so thankful to find this gem hidden in my dad's love story to me. But, even then the thoughts kept pecking at me. I asked Jason to pray for me again and I prayed and cried. I'm realizing now more and more that it's for our own good that God wants us to be prepared and in His word. Bad things can happen if you are not prepared.

Here's where God met me where I was. Psalm 57:1-3

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storm of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me. He will send from heaven and save me; he will put to shame him who tramples on me. God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness!

Thank you Lord for not leaving us. I alone am not unshakable, but it's the might of who my dad is (The King of Kings) and His majesty that gives me life and strength. It's the authority of who I come in that I can take refuge in. He is unmovable, unshakable.

I forget that not only can He save me from people who seek to destroy me, but now that I am his kid, he can save me from myself as long as I cry out to Him.

Thank you Lord. Praise you for not leaving me. I'm so thankful I can entrust you safely with my heart and my life.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment